@Autoly_IN Maintenance Check: The Ultimate Checklist for Preserving Car during long-term storage
If your car has not been used for more than a month, please keep it properly to avoid unnecessary damage or to repair it when you come back.
- Fill the gas tank so that condensation does not build up in the gas tank. Add fuel stabiliser and drive around to distribute additives to engine parts.
- Cover the exhaust pipe with a rag to prevent the entry of moist air.
- Wash and polish the car thoroughly to maintain the paint finish.
- Place the car on a stand to remove the weight of the car from the wheels and tyres.
- Place a moisture resistant material on the garage floor with a polyethylene drop cloth.
- Pull out and remove the battery so that it does not drain out. Place the battery on the trickle charger. Also use a small flashlight to regularly discharge the battery, then recharge it with a low voltage charger.
- Disable the parking brakes to prevent corrosion.
Else here’s what you can do:
Download Autoly AutoCare, register & get connected to nearby garages wherever you go; with free, simple, secure cross-platform instant messaging.
Provide ratings to our Crew Partners.
Connect with our Customer Care on WhatsApp Business to know more.