Advice #06: How much do you really know about Spark plugs? Small but a mighty spark plug creates the combustion needed to start a car. Spark plugs are easy to remove and replace.
The spark plugs may need to be cleaned from time to time, but they can last up to 160,000 KM. The spark plugs are easy to remove and can be handled with a special key in the ignition cap. In some cars it is useful to have the help of a control camera which can be used to see the small space where the plug is located.
- Locate your car’s spark plug
- Allow the engine to cool before removing the spark plugs
- Take out the first spark plug
- Measure the distance between the spark plug
- Check for any corrosion
- Obtain the correct replacement plug
- Remember to clean around the thread before reinserting a new spark plug
- Insert a new cap and tighten it
- Lubricate the plugs before installing it
Spark plugs only cost ₹700, but mechanics can charge over ₹200 for replacement. The simplicity and economy of Spark plugs replacement make this job an ideal DIY job.
Else here’s what you can do:
Download Autoly AutoCare, register & get connected to nearby garages wherever you go; with free, simple, secure cross-platform instant messaging.
Provide ratings to our Crew Partners.
Connect with our Customer Care on WhatsApp Business to know more.